In order to quickly search for a free desk, meeting room or colleague, we advise our customers to install a touchscreen in central areas of the building.
Below are some tips on how to use these screens.
To use the keyboard on a touchscreen, there are two possibilities:
- Install Chrome on the touchscreens. Chrome supports so-called touch events. This means that Chrome knows when a touchscreen is being used. The keyboard appears and automatically disappears in Chrome.
- Enter https://<customer-name>.flexwhere.com/?touch=true on the desired browser. FlexWhere now knows that when tapping the search bar, the keyboard must be displayed.
It is possible to have FlexWhere automatically zoom in on a particular part of the floor plan.
- First, use the following URL on the touchscreens: https://<customer-name>.flexwhere.com/?touch=true
The value ‘touch=…’ can also be set to ‘false’. Then it is not seen as a touchscreen but more like an information board.
- Customize this URL by adding X and Y axis coordinates and a zoom level. Example: https://<customer name>.flexwhere.com/floors/<number1>/<digit2>/?touch=true&x=400&y=200&&z=2
The numbers behind “floor” are unique by organization and floor. You can find these in the Control Center by clicking on the floor, they will appear in the address bar.
- After this you can use the X and Y axis to center a position on the map. You may not get the right coordinates right away, so you may have to try this several times.
- Then you can adjust the zoom level (z=…).
- Once you have entered this URL it will be stored as a cookie. Each time you now navigate to this URL, the selected location will be shown on the map with the corresponding zoom level.